Big thanks to Jodi Hugo for the nomination of The Lovely Blog Award! Here is a link to her very lovely blog: http://lunateandthemermaid.wordpress.com/
I’ve never done anything like this before, so I do apologise if there are any mistakes. And I’m quite terrible with computers and software, so perhaps not all the links are as snazzy as they should be. I really am basing this off Jodi’s post on her blog. Anyway. Onwards.
I accept the award and would love to participate.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog:
Seven Things About Dreamerrambling:
Oooh. This is tricky. I think I’ve revealed quite a lot of myself through my posts, and I’m racking my brains here trying to come up with anything new. Anything uniquely me. I suddenly feel quite boring. Let’s see.
1) I love lonely places, like rundown houses and graveyards and empty parks and abandoned playgrounds. Strangely enough, they make me feel most alive. I don’t know. They just always seem so interesting and lovely and mysterious. Just thinking about it makes my heart cry, and I’m not sure if it’s with joy or sadness. Probably a mixture of the two.
2) I have secret fantasies on a daily basis of helping people, clasping broken creatures to my chest and saving drowning kittens. I hope this doesn’t sound too pretentious, but my heart is bursting to explode love upon the world, and yet I never get the opportunity to do so, or when I do, it never turns out quite how I imagined it would. When I reach out my arms to the universe, it usually just slaps me in the face and makes me feel stupid for even trying.
3) I hate going out. I’m an observer, not a participant. If it were up to me, I’d just stay in a cozy little room by myself for the rest of my life, and view the world without from one of those windows where you can see out but people can’t see in. I don’t like noise, I don’t like crowds, and everything, from racial slights to brusque remarks, pierce my skin like barbs. Oh dear, this isn’t getting to be quite long, isn’t it? Well, I do tend to ramble.
3) Books. Books. Love them to death. I dream of living in libraries. I have this silly fancy that if I do, the beautiful words of bygone authors will be absorbed into my skin, or the characters on the pages will come alive in the middle of the night and rustle the pages.
4) I adore surreal art. It makes my heart sing.
5) Okay, I know I mention this a lot, but almost anything beautiful makes my heart want to scrunch up its ventricles and shed blood-tears. I just. Weep. Though it does get a little awkward when people see you standing in the middle of the street and staring at a halo of sunlight around a cloud for a full three minutes.
6) I love nighttime. Things just seem so much uglier in daylight. Night is full of mystery and romance. Not to mention that big, gorgeous moon. Secrets and darkness.
7) I don’t want unicorns or magic or wriggling octopus monsters from other dimensions to actually exist. It’s much better just to imagine them.
8) Hm. I don’t know. I’m trying to put it into words, but it isn’t working very well. I always feel this big ball of smoky, vague dissatisfaction with the parameters of reality. My dreams sometimes feel hampered by practicality, by money, by people who demean you, red tape and whatnot. I know that the real world isn’t something that can be manipulated with a magical click of the fingers, or dreamed away, but society seems to make things unnecessarily vexing and difficult sometimes, as if they purposefully want to crush daydreamers.
I nominate the following fifteen blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award (in no particular order, and I’m almost certain I missed some)